WHY IS GUARANTEED TIME IMPORTANT?
Do you know what Article 8.3 of your Contract means?
You should, because your paycheck depends on it!
- It’s the legally binding Article that ensures you have the right to work what you were hired for, whether that be 3, 5 or 6, or 10 days per pay period.
- When you accepted a job at PMC they agreed there would be work for you.
- Now, if patient census is low they can offer you the day off and you can take it or not, IT’S YOUR CHOICE [Article 10.10].
- MANAGEMENT WANTS TO GET RID OF ARTICLE 8.3!!!
- They want the ability to cancel you when THEY want….AS MUCH AS THEY WANT!
- It won’t matter if you were canceled yesterday, they can cancel you again, and again tomorrow if they deem it necessary.
- It won’t matter if it leaves your floor short staffed because there is “low census”.
- It won’t matter about your seniority either… Supervisors will pick who stays home.
- Oh and those benefits that they want to charge you double for now, well if you are cancelled enough times YOU WONT QUALIFY FOR THEM ANYMORE.
WE WANT TO KEEP GUARANTEED TIME AND YOU SHOULD TOO!!!
Eye on Your Contract:
CALLED TO A MEETING? – Please remember to contact a JNESO Officer/Steward if called to a meeting that could result in discipline [no matter what that meeting is called i.e. root cause, peer review, team building, investigatory]! This is your right!